Student Guardian visa (590 Visa)

Student Guardian visa (590 Visa)

Book Consultation

Consultations can be made via Video or Face to Face.

Student Guardian visa (590 Visa)

This visa allows you to stay in Australia as the guardian of an international student younger than 18 years of age studying in Australia on a student visa.


You must be a parent or person who has custody of the student, or a relative who is 21 years or older and has been nominated in writing by a parent or someone who has custody of the student, not bring family members younger than 6 years of age (without any valid reason), be able to provide accommodation, general welfare and other support to the student unless you are applying for this visa with the support of the government your home country.

Pre-qualifying visas
If you are applying in Australia, you must hold a current substantive temporary visa, but not one of the following:

Domestic Worker (Temporary) – Diplomatic or Consular visa (subclass 426)
Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403) in the Domestic Worker Diplomatic (Temporary) visa (subclass 995) – primary visa holder only. This means a family member of a Diplomatic (Temporary) visa (subclass 995) can apply for a student visa in Australia.
Transit visa (subclass 771)
Visitor visa (subclass 600) in the ‘Sponsored Family’ stream or in the ‘Approved Destination Status’ stream.

A Substantive temporary visa:

A substantive temporary visa is any visa except a bridging visa, criminal justice, or enforcement visa. It allows the visa holder to remain temporarily in Australia.