Partner visa (onshore 820 and 801)

Partner visa (onshore 820 and 801)

Book Consultation

Consultations can be made via Video or Face to Face.

Partner visa (onshore 820 and 801)


Temporary to permanent residency in Australia
The Partner visas (subclasses 820 and 801) allow the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia.

The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) is granted first and lets you stay in Australia, after 24 months you may be eligible for a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801).

You must be married or in a de facto relationship with:

  1. An Australian citizen
  2. An Australian permanent resident
  3. An eligible New Zealand citizen.
  4. Your marriage must be valid under Australian law. This means you must have parental permission if you are 16 or 17 years of age.
  5. You must have been in a de facto relationship for at least 12 months.
  6. You already hold another visa type, e.g., student visa, visitor visa or working holiday visa.
  7. You do not have an “8503 – No further stay” condition.
  8. Meet health and character requirements.