Partner visa (offshore 309 & 100)

Partner visa (offshore 309 & 100)

Book Consultation

Consultations can be made via Video or Face to Face.

Partner visa (offshore 309 & 100)


The Partner visas (subclasses 309 and 100) allow the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia. The temporary Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is granted first and lets you stay in Australia while the permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) is processed.

You must be married or in a de facto relationship with:

An Australian citizen
An Australian permanent resident
An eligible New Zealand citizen.
Your marriage must be valid under Australian law. You must have been in a de facto relationship for at least 12 months.

The Process:

To be eligible for a permanent partner visa you first need to be granted a temporary Partner visa (subclass 309). You apply for both the permanent and temporary visas at the same time and pay only one fee. If you are granted the temporary Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309), you are eligible to be assessed for the permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) about two years after you lodged your application. If you have been in a long-term relationship before you lodge your application, the permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) will be granted immediately after the temporary Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309).