Child Onshore visa (Subclass 802)

Child Onshore visa (Subclass 802)

Book Consultation

Consultations can be made via Video or Face to Face.

Child Onshore visa (Subclass 802)

With this visa the child can migrate to Australia as a permanent resident
study and access Medicare, apply for Australian citizenship if eligible. The child must
be a dependent child of a parent who is an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent visa, be under 18 years, a full-time student aged 18 to 25, or over 18 and unable to work due to a disability, be single and dependent on the parent
be in Australia when the application is made and when we make our decision.


Stay in Australia indefinitely, work and study in Australia, enrol in Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare, sponsor relatives to come to Australia, apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible Travel to and from Australia for 5 years. This is a permanent visa. It lets the child stay in Australia indefinitely. The child becomes a permanent resident the day we grant the visa.

If the child wants to travel after the initial 5-year travel facility:

They will need to apply for and be granted a Resident Return visa so they can re-enter Australia as a permanent resident, they might also want to consider Australian citizenship. If they become an Australian citizen, they don’t require a visa to re-enter Australia.

The child must be in Australia, but not in immigration clearance, when the application is submitted and when we decide. The child can’t apply for this visa if they are in Australia on another visa with a no further stay condition.

The child and any dependants must obey all Australian laws. The child must be dependent on their parent. They can be their parent’s:

Biological child, adopted child, stepchild, or adopted children

If the child was adopted after their parent became an Australian citizen, they must have been adopted through an intercountry adoption with the involvement of an Australian state or territory central authority, or through an intercountry adoption by arrangement between two countries that are parties to the Hague Convention on the Protection of Children and Cooperation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption.